Sara K. Larsen - Sunday, January 26, 2014
Can you believe it's almost the end of January already? How are your New Year's resolutions going? It's okay if you got a little off track. Today is a new day and I have a great new challenge for you that will have a big impact on your health.
I challenge you to start drinking lemon water every day. Squeeze a whole lemon into a cup of water (hot or cold) and slowly sip on it throughout the day. There are many benefits to this easy challenge and here are a few:
- Aids in digestion. Lemon juice not only encourages healthy digestion by loosening toxins in your digestive tract, it helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion such has burping, bloating, and heartburn.
- Cleanses your system. It helps flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function, stimulating your liver.
- Balances pH Levels. Our pH level speaks to the balance between the alkaline and acidic properties in the body. When our body enters a more acidic state, it breeds sickness. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around and it's a power-house of healing and rejuvenating.
- Keeps your skin blemish-free. The antioxidants in lemon juice help to not only decrease blemishes, but it can also be applied to scars and age spots.
- Aids weight loss. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps set your body back to normal hunger levels and keeps away the food cravings.
- Improves your mood. Lemon juice can reduce anxiety and depression. Just the smell of lemons can have a calming effect.
How are your New Year's Resolutions going? Is lemon water part of your daily routine?