Need an appetizer or a quick easy snack? These roll-ups are always a huge hit with kids as well as adults.
Makes 4-5 piece servings
- - 1/2 cup hummus
- - 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- - 2 carrots, grated
- - 4 lettuce leaves, 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- - Optional: Add thin sticks of cucumber or bell pepper before rolling
- Spread the hummus thinly on tortillas, and then add carrots and lettuce and spinach. Roll up each tortilla.
- Eat whole or secure with five evenly placed toothpicks, and slice into five individual rolls (one toothpick per roll).
- Serve the roll-ups immediately or cover lightly and store in the refrigerator for several hours. Bring them to room temperature for the best flavor.
Nutrition (4-5 pieces per serving):