• 1 medium size spaghetti squash, cooked
• 2 links of mild turkey sausage, casings removed
• 1 25-oz. jar marinara sauce
• 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
• 1 egg
• 2/3 cup spinach
• 2 tsp. dried Italian herb seasoning
• ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
• ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut cooked squash in half and scoop out all the stringy flesh into a bowl. In medium skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until golden, breaking it up with spoon as you go. Add the marinara sauce, stir and remove pan from heat.
2. In small bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg, spinach, Italian herbs and Parmesan cheese.
3. Spray a 2-quart baking dish liberally with nonstick spray. Place half the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish and top the sauce with half the squash, followed by all the ricotta cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining sauce mixture and bake for 45 minutes, topping with remaining mozzarella cheese about halfway through baking time.
4. Let the casserole sit for 10 minutes before serving.