If you’ve never experienced zucchini lasagna, you’re in for a delicious surprise! It’s a cheesy, protein-packed, low carb meal you must try.
Makes 8 Servings
• 1lbs. ground turkey
• 1 tbsp. garlic powder
• 8 oz. Portobello mushrooms, sliced small
• 5 cups (4 whole) zucchini or yellow summer squash, sliced about ¼"
• 2 cups spinach, fresh
• 1¾ cups ricotta cheese, 2%
• 24 oz. jar pasta sauce
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded part skim
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3) Drain the fat. In the same skillet you cooked the turkey in add mushrooms and pasta sauce. Let sit on low heat for 5 minutes.
4) Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread about a 1 cup of pasta sauce and turkey mushroom mix to bottom of dish. Add 1 layer of zucchini to the bottom (cut zucchini in half if it doesn't fit), top with half the ricotta cheese, half spinach mix, top with another layer of zucchini and 1 cup of pasta sauce and turkey mushroom mix. Top with remaining spinach and remaining ricotta cheese. Top with remaining zucchini and remaining pasta sauce and turkey mushroom mix and spread until evenly layered. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 - 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.